Accident: RTA with a lorry.
- Non-displaced rib fractures.
- Non-displaced sternum fracture.
- Fractured clavicle.
- Axial bleed.
- Right arm glass injuries.
- Subsequent psychological symptoms and right upper limb chronic pain.
Injury date: June 2019
- Completion of INA (Initial Needs Assessment) home visit, subsequent re-visit. Complex injuries identified.
- The Rehabilitation Manager obtained all clinical letters to follow NHS treatment path and a taxi account set up to allow independence of travel to improve self-worth for the patient. Taxi is also eligible for the patients mum (who the patient was the carer for) to improve the patients psychological well-being providing freedom and relaxation.
- Medicess arranged for assistance with cleaning and ironing. The Rehabilitation Manager sourced and supplied aids and equipment to aid independence.
- Psychological treatment arranged. The Rehabilitation Manager noticed a decline in psychological well-being months after the completion of treatment provided. Further psychological treatment was provided.
- Significant telephone support from the Rehabilitation Manager was provided throughout the life of the case.
Our Case Manager says:
“It was a pleasure working with the patient throughout this complex case. We had a very good rapport.
She was previously extremely independent prior to her accident and therefore losing her independence was very difficult. I focused on the positives rather than the negatives therefore she had good faith in my recommendations.”
Our patient says:
“I believe I was assigned the best Rehabilitation Manager in the world. Her empathy, professionalism, recommendations, understanding, communication, caring nature and remarkable insight into my trauma has had a positive impact on how I deal with everyday challenges.
“From day one the CM managed to create a rapport that put me at ease, and I felt she could help me feel stronger to cope with my life.”
I also wish to mention the rest of the team I had dealings with in account and colleagues working with my Rehabilitation Manager; it was all appreciated. Thank you to everyone at Medicess!”
Click here to refer now!
Refer now and you’ll receive a FREE Rehabilitation Review with no obligations.
Follow Medicess on Twitter and LinkedIn for news.