RTA with a lorry
Non-displaced rib fractures
Non-displaced sternum fracture
Right arm glass injuries
Subsequent psychological symptoms and right upper limb chronic pain
Medicess involvement - psychological rehabilitation
- Completion of INA (Initial Needs Assessment) home visit, subsequent re-visit. Complex injuries identified.
- The rehabilitation case manager obtained all clinical letters to follow the NHS treatment path and a taxi account set up to allow independence of travel to improve self-worth for the patient. Taxi is also eligible for the patients mum (who the patient was the carer for) to improve the patients psychological well-being, providing freedom and relaxation.
- Medicess arranged for assistance with cleaning and ironing. The rehabilitation case manager sourced and supplied aids and equipment to aid independence.
- Psychological treatment arranged. The rehabilitation case manager noticed a decline in psychological well-being months after the completion of treatment provided. Further appropriate psychological treatment was provided.
- Significant telephone support from the rehabilitation case manager was provided throughout the life of the case.
Our rehabilitation case manager says:
“It was a pleasure working with the patient throughout this complex case. We had a very good rapport. She was previously extremely independent prior to her accident and therefore losing her independence was very difficult. I focused on the positives rather than the negatives therefore she had good faith in my recommendations.”
Our patient's view - psychological rehabilitation:
“I believe I was assigned the best rehabilitation case manager in the world. Her empathy, professionalism, recommendations, understanding, communication, caring nature and remarkable insight into my trauma has had a positive impact on how I deal with everyday challenges.
From day one my rehabilitation case manager created a rapport that put me at ease, and I felt she could help me feel stronger to cope with my life.
I also wish to mention the rest of the team I had dealings with, and colleagues working with my rehabilitation case manager; it was all appreciated. Thank you to everyone at Medicess!”